Old Parliament House, “Vouleftikon”, Nafplio
Setting out the theme and context of the third Greek-British Symposium through a short review of the year past for each country and the major changes to the UK-GR relationship.
· Peter Kellner, Chairman, NCVO (National Council for Voluntary Service); Visiting Scholar, Carnegie Europe
· Dimitris Papalexopoulos, CEO, Titan Cement Company S.A.
Exploring investment opportunities in infrastructure (large scale but also micro) and sharing lessons between the UK and Greece. Geopolitics and security angles to be considered.
Keynote Speaker: Dev Sanyal, Chief Executive, Alternative Energy and Executive Vice President, Europe and Asia regions, BP plc
Moderator: Nick Malkoutzis, Editor & Co-Founder, Macropolis
- Gerassimos Thomas, Deputy Minister for Energy, former Commission Deputy DG Energy
- Prof. Yannis Maniatis, Minister of Environment, Energy and Climate Change 2013-2015
- Mathios Rigas, CEO, Energean Oil & Gas
The most global part of the Greek economy is facing new challenges serving the international trade. UK is the base of a good part of Greek and non Greek shipping.
Keynote Speaker: Prof Gelina Harlaftis, Professor of Maritime History, Ionian University
Moderator: Ilias Bissias, Director, Naftika Chronika
· Katy Ware, Director of Maritime Safety and Standards, UK Ship Register
· John C. Lyras, Principal, Paralos Maritime Corporation S.A.
Session to be led by Universities UK and British Council, in part marking 80 years of the British Council Greece and the current and future opportunities in partnering on education.
Keynote Speaker: Professor Vassilios Digalakis, Deputy Minister responsible for Higher Education, Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs
Moderator: Maria Nikoltsiou, Journalist, Alpha TV
- Catherine Morgan, Professor of Classics and Archaeology, University of Oxford; Senior Research Fellow, All Souls College, Oxford
- Vasso Kindi, Professor of Philosophy, Department of History and Philosophy of Science, National & Kapodistrian University
- Vivienne Stern, Director, Universities UK International (UUKi)
- Dinos Arcoumanis, Chairman of the Academic Board, Metropolitan College
The role of culture and creativity in redefining the future of our countries.
Sir Ian Blatchford, Director & Chief Executive, London Science Museum