For guests staying at The Bear, bus departs The Bear hotel for Ditchley Park
Costas Mitropoulos, Managing Partner PWC Greece & Co-Chairman Greek-British Symposium
Keynote speeches - Openness & Εξωστρέφεια: UK and Greece
Opening addresses setting the scene and interpretations of the theme from the perspective of UK and Greek leaders
- John Glen, MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury, UK
- George Chouliarakis, Greek Alternate Finance Minister
Looking Outwards Together: Why the UK and Greece still need each other
Exploring the enduring relevance of the UK-Greek bilateral relationship at a time of opportunity and challenge for both.
Moderator: Alexis Papahelas, Executive Editor, KATHIMERINI
- Loukas Tsoukalis, Professor of European integration, University of Athens, President of ELIAMEP
- Alberto Costa, MP, Chairman of APPG Greece
- Kevin Featherstone, Professor of Contemporary Greek Studies and Professor of European Politics, London School of Economics
Economic Εξωστρέφεια: Growing outward-facing economies from exports to investment
How can the Greek and British economies continue to develop outwards, develop export economies and attract international investment?
Moderator: Tony Barber, Europe Editor, Associate Editor, Financial Times
- Peter Mather, Group Regional President, Europe & Head of Country, UK, BP plc
- Vicky Pryce, Economist, Board Member at Centre for Economics and Business Research
- Mujtaba Rahman, MD Europe, Euroasia Group
- Nikos Vettas, Professor of Economics, Athens University of Economics and Business, General Director of IOBE
Regional Εξωστρέφεια: Active foreign policy in the Western Balkans
Exploring current developments, the roles and interests for the UK and Greece, and the aspirations of other regional actors such as Russia and Turkey.
Moderator & lead speaker: Misha Glenny, UK regional security journalist
- Constantinos Filis, Research Director, Institute of International Relations
- Giorgos Koumoutsakos, New Democracy, Shadow Foreign Minister
- Denis MacShane, former Labour MP and Minister for Europe
- Tony Brenton, former UK Ambassador to Russia
Regional Εξωστρέφεια: Active foreign policy in the Eastern Mediterranean
Security, migration, energy and geopolitics: the outlook for Greek interests in the near neighbourhood, and the UK’s approach.
Moderator & lead speaker: Nikos Konstandaras, journalist, KATHIMERINI
- Angelos Syrigos, Professor of International Law & Foreign Policy, commentator
- Gareth Winrow, independent research analyst and consultant, Eastern Med issues
- Lord Dubs, All Party Parliamentary Group Greece, House of Lords
Finding the balance: Safe Communities, Open Societies
Preserving free and open societies whilst defending against evolving internal and external security threats.
Moderator: James Landale, BBC Diplomatic Editor
- Nikos Dendias, former Minister of Public Order and Citizen Protection
- Pavlos Apostolidis, Honorary Ambassador, former Chief of EYP
- Rashad Ali, de-radicalisation expert, Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD)
Full tour of Ditchley Park is scheduled for Sat pm
For guests staying at The Bear and wishing to return to the hotel before dinner, bus departs from Ditchley to The Bear
For guests staying at The Bear, bus departs from hotel to Ditchley
Presentation led by Kyriakos Pierrakakis, Research Director, DiaNEOsis, on What Greeks Believe, based on the results of the World Values Survey for Greece.
Professor Evangleos Venizelos, MP, Deputy Prime Minister of Greece & Minister for Foreign Affairs, 2013-2015
For guests staying at The Bear, bus departs from Ditchley to The Bear hotel