Prof. Yannis Maniatis
f. Minister of Environment, Energy and Climate Change
Dr. Eng. Yannis Maniatis is a Rural and Surveying Engineer (National Technical University of Athens). He was an Assoc. Professor at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and since 2002 Assoc. Professor at the University of Piraeus, as well as a Visiting Professor at the Institute of Economic Geography of University of Bonn.
Political and Social activity
Dr. Maniatis was elected as a Member of the Greek Parliament during the elections 2004 - 2019.
He has been:
- Minister of Environment, Energy and Climate Change (25.6.2013-26.01.2015)
- Secretary of PASOK Parliamentary Group (05.7.2012-25.6.2013)
- Deputy Minister of Environment, Energy and Climate Change (2009 -2012)
- Secretary General of the Ministry of Transport and Communications (1998 -2001)
- Chairman of the Athens Urban Transport Organisation (OASA) (2001 -2002)
- Chairman of the Postal Savings Bank (1998 -2000)
His main academic fields and courses include:
1.Geographic Information Systems (G.I.S.),
2.Energy and Transportation Policies and Systems,
3.Environmental Management and Climate Change,
4.Natural Resources and Integrated Development
5.EU Structural Policies and Land Uses
6.Innovation Management and Digital Entrepreneurship.
Dr. Maniatis has participated with more than two hundred (200) scientific papers and lectures in international congresses and scientific magazines.
He is the author of the following books:
1. “Structural Reforms and Progressive Patriotism” (PAPAZISIS Eds, 2016)
2. “Energy and Natural Resources: National Pillars for Development” (A.A.LIVANIS Eds, 2012)
3. “The Challenge of Green Development” (Α.A.LIVANIS Eds, 2009)
4. “Geographic Information Systems and Environmental Monitoring” (ZITI Eds, 1995)